User Safety Warnings
READ THIS BEFORE USING THE USCOPE
It is imperative that you read, understand, and practice the following safety precautions to avoid bodily injury and prevent damage to yourself, your uScope, or any other products connected to it.
- Use the uScope only on low voltage DC automotive circuits.
- Do not under any circumstances connect the uScope to A/C line voltages. Severe shock hazard.
- Connect the test lead properly:
- Always connect the test lead to the scope before connecting to the circuit.
- Always connect the test lead’s ground probe to the circuit before connecting the signal probe to the circuit.
- Always connect the test lead’s ground probe at ground potential.
- Do not connect the test lead’s ground probe to an elevated voltage.
- Consult a wiring diagram to ensure you are connecting to a proper ground.
- Use the appropriate test lead:
- Use a 10:1 probe when circuit voltage exceeds 100 volt DC.
- Use a 10:1 probe when testing primary ignition. Do not use a 1:1 probe.
- Do not connect directly into secondary ignition. Only use a capacitive secondary ignition probe such as the AES# 01-12.
- Test lead placement:
- When the test lead is connected to a circuit, do not let the test lead’s signal probe make contact with ground.
- Route test leads safely away from pulleys, moving objects, and heat.
- Do not operate the uScope in wet/damp conditions.
- Do not operate the uScope in the vicinity of flammable materials or vapors.
- Keep surfaces of the uScope clean and dry.
- Using the uScope in a manner not specified may impair protection provided by the equipment. When in doubt, don’t!